Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Some Major Slaking Going on Here

I admit it, the slacking continues. Today is Wednesday, midweek and I am only now getting back into the good routine that drops blood glucose and weight.

Not that I have been real bad, eating way too much and eating the wrong things. I have been good on that front, mostly, sorta, kinda. I just haven't been focused and I let my goals slip back.

For starters, I haven't exercised in four days. This morning was the first morning back to it. I have been trying to get a bedroom painted and fixed up and that has occupied all of my time. I have some paint issues that have chewed up massive amounts of time and I have been going to be way to late. That's my excuse anyway. I think I can always come up with an excuse.

Eating has been catch as catch can. Too much pizza for starters. We had a birthday lunch for a guy at work on Monday. Pizza was the main course and I admit I ate way too much of that and had way too much on Tuesday as leftovers. Well, it was free. On Monday and Tuesday for dinner it was just a lot of snacking on what is in the fridge, none of it bad, just no disciplined routine. No proper portions of all that I should eat. Add it all up an I eat too much of the bad stuff.

I can afford to let the cycling slip, maybe, for the weekend. Monday morning, though, I should be back at it with a vengeance. This past Monday I slept through the 5 am and 6 am alarms. I had to scramble to get to work on time. Monday night I repainted the walls to smooth out some blotchy color and get everything to blend smoothly. It was late to bed Monday night after getting everything cleaned up. Got up Tuesday with enough energy to make coffee. Went to be at a better time last night, got up at a better time this morning and got on the bike. It did feel good. That's the good part of a good routine, being good feels good. Then why is it so easy to backslide?

The numbers:
  1. Blood Glucose: 115 mg/dl Not bad, better in the 90's. Seem to be at this level consistently. Want to get it consistently in the 90's.
  2. Weight: 205 lbs. Not going down.
  3. Exercise: 40 minutes.
  4. Mood: Renewed determination.
Menu:
  1. Breakfast: Oatmeal, banana, a few blueberries and three strawberry halves.
  2. Lunch: The split pea sauce over potatoes. Very McDougall.
  3. Dinner: Don't know. Tonight we are getting our taxes done. The tradition is to somewhere for dinner after the taxes are done. Not sure what we will be doing this evening.
  4. Snacks: Need some yogurt and cheese sticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment