Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Toothache gone.

I am so proud of myself. I did not just lie around in bed and moan, as much as I want to this morning.

Got up early today to get to the dentist to finally get my root canal finished. Since last week it has been in various stages of discomfort or pain. The original root canal on Thursday helped, but not for long. By Monday it hurt. The dentist renewed a steroid prescription and upped the antibiotics to a stronger one from the amoxicillian yesterday. Today he finished up. All signs of the infection were gone and the problem seemed to one of just swelling.

Before I got up for the dentist I got up to do the usual, test and exercise. That is what I am proud of doing.

The numbers:
  1. Blood Glucose: 119 mg/dl. Still good and can be better
  2. Weight: 206 lbs. Still good and can be better.
  3. Exercise: 45 minutes on the trainer. Still good and can be better. I guess.
  4. Mood: Still good despite the throbbing. It throbbed as I peddled. I did get better.
Food for the day:
  1. Breakfast: Cinnamon and cardamom infused oatmeal (oatmeal made with herbal cinnamon and cardamon tea; describing it as infused sounds sophisticated and maybe even exotic), craisins and a banana before getting on the bike.
  2. Lunch: Left over refried beans and taco meat made into a burrito.
  3. Dinner: A salad Mary had at the Liberty Bar and Grill in San Antonio, which is just salad greens, pinto beans, garbanzo beans, northern beans, red onions all mixed with a balsamic vinaigrette. Easy to make and clean up. I think we could add some sliced pears and Mary suggested apricots. Either way, we have winner.
  4. Snacks: Some soy yogurt and a few Triscuits at work.
Filling, but I am not stuffed. I wonder what the scale will tell tomorrow.

Best of all, my tooth doesn't hurt. I feel normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment