Friday, March 26, 2010

First, the numbers:
  1. Blood Glucose: 118 mg/dl
  2. Weight: 203 lbs
  3. Exercise: 45 minutes on trainer
  4. Mood: OK. Nothing special
I think I have kind of figured out what is going on with myblood glucose. I have dropped due to what I am eating. I have not dropped it to where I don't have to be concerned about it. From now until the weight completely comes off, I have to control it with diet.

OK, I know that sounds obvious, but there is nothing except diet that I can take for granted in this. I can't have a couple of cookies or piece of birthday cake and expect all to be normal the next day when I wake up. That will come, but only when and if I lose more fat off of my belly and everywhere else it is residing. My fat is "paralyzing" by body's ability to absorb insulin, blocking it. Until I have lost much more weight and have kept it off for a while, I can't expect a more normal reaction to sugar.

That is the level I want to be at.

I am at 203. I would like to hit 200 next week. I hope to be at 150 by years end. The journey continues and I hope I keep a sense of humor about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment