Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Thrill is Gone. (Lord, I Hope Not.)

This morning was tough to rise and shine. I was tired. Don't know why, but I think it had to do with the chill we had last night. I just did not want to get out of a warm bed this morning. In February I was eager to get out of bed, check the blood glucose and get on the bike. Now I drag myself out, test, get on the bike and start to pedal.

Now, am I getting bored with it? I tested, not bad, not quite as good as a couple of days ago, but in the safe levels. This morning I just wanted to go back to bed, where life is warm and safe. It was cold this morning and once I did get on the bike I didn't warm up seemingly until most the end. I think I just peddled with my arms crossed trying to stay warm. Even when I was starting to sweat, I could feel the chill.

No different than February, really.

Well, it is all becoming a routine now. A good thing to be sure, but a routine all the same.

The numbers this morning:
  1. Blood Glucose: 107 mg/dl. In the safe zone. I would like to be consistently in the 90s.
  2. Weight: 203 lbs, Down a pound from my previous low. Man would I like to be below 200 by next week.
  3. Exercise: 45 min on the trainer.
  4. Mood: Good, all things considered and in a routine way. I guess I just need some excitement. The good kind.
Menu:
  1. Breakfast: Oatmeal and an orange
  2. Lunch: The McDougall bean sauce I made yesterday over a toast (cheese/jalapeno bread; Might be high in calories, but it sure tastes good and a purple cabbage slaw Mary made on Sunday.
  3. Dinner: Not sure.
  4. Snacks: Soy yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment