Wednesday, March 24, 2010

On Sunday Mary made some pork chops using a peach glaze made with peach jam. I don't know how much she used, but since then the blood glucose has slowly and steady risen. For the past three days I have eaten the glazed pork for dinner. Was it the glaze doing the rise? I don't know. I finished the cole slaw yesterday and that was made with honey and lots of raisins. That may not have helped, either.

This could also be nothing more than fluctuations I should expect on a daily basis.

On Sunday the BG was 97, I think. This morning it was 127. Just one of those things? Don't know. I don't know how much day whatever I ate yesterday affects today. I should find out.

The numbers:
  1. Blood Glucose: 127 mg/dl. Not really bad, but not where I would like it to be.
  2. Weight: 205 lbs. Gained two pounds back in one day? Sigh. Yes, things do fluctuate day to day and I should not get bent out of shape about it. Still down is good. Up is bad.
  3. Exercise: 45 minutes on the trainer. Well, that is encouraging. I feel really good.
  4. Mood: A bit put off.

The menu:
  1. Breakfast: Oatmeal and chopped apricots. Out of craisins.
  2. Lunch: The bean sauce and toasted cheese/jalapeno bread
  3. Mary's famous bean salad a la Liberty Bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment