Monday, March 15, 2010

Slacking off

I have been slacking off of this for the past three days. No exercise, other than what I got prepping a bedroom to be painted and some gardening work. Toothache that continues to ache, which probably means I will need more root canal work done. Also not sleeping well because I am worring about getting the bedroom patched and painted by Friday. We have guests coming and have to get it done. Not to mention a busy work week ahead.

But enough about me, lets talk about me.

The number this morning.
  1. Blood Glucose: 118 mg/dl. Lowest yet. Whaoo.
  2. Weight: 206 lbs. Lowest in a long time. Double Whaoo.
  3. Exercise: 45 minutes on the trainer.
  4. Mood: Very good. Should be fabulous considering the blood glucose and weight, but the tooth and the bedroom keep it at very good. At least I do have something to cheer about.
I am proud that we have been sticking to a diet. I have continued to lose weight. Mary has continued to lose weight. We went to a place late last night for dinner and we both has a fine salad, the grilled mesquite chicken salad at Goode Company Taqueria. I did cheat and have two beers, but it did help me sleep. Weird dreams about the bedroom, though.

The snack thing is getting better. I like this soy yogurt. Also good old V8. They do help keep the hunger down to manageable levels. I have also been eating, but not always, a lot of McDougall recipes. His approach does work, that is for sure.

For instance, I had the fajitas vegetarian on Friday night. It is Lent and beef or chicken were out. So I had the vegetarian version, an oxymoron down here. It was onion, squash, broccoli, mushrooms and carrots marinaded in a fajita sauce and grilled. It was very good. It came with beans and rice and corn tortillas. A little on the oily side for McDougall, but I left full but stuffed. Even had two margaritas, strictly for medicinal purposes. Helped with the toothache and boy, did I sleep well Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment