Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday's Are Hard

It's been a cold, rainy Saturday here in Houston. I managed to get up early enough to mow the lawn to get up the remaining leaves and fertilize before the big rain hit. I get lucky every now and then. It was warm and humid when I got up. There was big rush of wind and rain started to fall and the temperature dropped quickly.

I have been sorely tempted to nosh and nibble all day, not because I am hungry, but because I want to nosh and nibble. It's something to do. I had some Quicken stuff to to, file the paid bills and such. The really boring stuff that always seems so necessary to keep a life organized and in control. So far I have pretty much resisted noshing and nibbling, save for the usual snacks.

I had planned to finish painting the bedroom, but guy we hired to do the texturing on the walls never showed up.

Not all bad or boring today. I did get the lawn fertilized and I was running pretty well to beat the rain. That's due to my getting on the trainer.

The numbers:
  1. Blood Glucose: 97 mg/dl. How about them apples, second day under 100.
  2. Weight: 205 lbs. Up a pound, but I scarfed too many chips at Tony's last night.
  3. Exercise: Lawn work.
  4. Mood. Could be better. Weather related.
Catch as catch can for for meals today. Mary was busy doing laundry and tossing out her mess in the garage. I updated Quicken and took a brief nap. Naps are good.
  1. Breakfast and lunch was left over pizza.
  2. Dinner was a grilled chicken breast, whipped sweet potato and a small salad.
Could have better, could have been worse.

I did have two margaritas last night at Tony's. It was first day at under 100 mg/dl. It didn't hurt. I had the grilled fish with vegetables and too many chips. Oh, well. Can't give up all my guilty pleasures.

Maybe that is the key for me. Maintain a fairly strict routine most days and have day, night to splurge. Yesterday I did have my oatmeal. Lunch was a tofu cacciatore and grilled carrots from Whole Foods. Very good. Have to learn how to make it. Can't be all that hard.

I am now down about 20 pounds. Just 5o to 55 more to go, more or less. Well, it gives something to do this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment