Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why Did I Have the Mole?

It was just one chicken enchilada covered with mole. One. Well, it was not not fatal.

The numbers:
  1. Blood Glucose: 142 mg/dl. Up. That's the damn mole and that's discouraging, mildly.
  2. Weight: 209 1/2. That's encouraging, mildly.
  3. Exercise: 45 minutes on the trainer.
  4. Mood: Meh.
Mole (the e should have one of those little accent makes above it, but I don't know how to do that). It's a Mexican sauce made from chocolate and pronounced moe-lay. It's delicious and further evidence there is a God because only the creator of the universe could have created chocolate. Divinely inspired though it may be, it is probably not a proper food for someone working to lower blood glucose levels.

Well, no one said life was perfect.

And I think this points out a problem I am having. Poor planning. I started out promisingly enough on planning my meals, yet I have slacked. Time, or lack of it, is something I can fault, but that is weak. I can do better.

Not that I was evil yesterday. I had my oatmeal for breakfast, my dangerous and delicious chicken mole for lunch and some vegetarian red beans and rice for dinner. Not really bad, just not good.

Today I was bit better, more or less. Breakfast was again oatmeal. Lunch was a pasta and bean sauce and an apple. Snacks were a small handful of wheat thins and couple of whole wheat tortillas, dinner was a cup's worth of Paula Dean's taco soup and a cup's worth of cole slaw made with a light vinaigrette. I really hit it out of the park with that vinaigrette. Mary also got home very late and I ate dinner late. I should have had it earlier, but call me a romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment