Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Good and Bad and How to Deal with It

This morning's Blood Glucose reading was better than it has been for the past few days.  It was 130 mg/dl. Not where I want it to be, that is for sure.  It was just a week ago it hit 106 mg/dl and I was as happy as could be.  The next day it was above 140 mg/dl and I have no idea why.  It am eating the same stuff I now usually do and doing the things I now usually do, namely eating low fat foods and exercising.  My big break from exercising is working way too many hours in the hot, humid Houston summer on the flower beds and lawn on the weekends.

It all may be "one of the those things" that happens.  I still have way too much fat on me and I have to lose at 26 pounds just to get my body back to the high end of the normal range of the body mass index.  To get where I was before when I felt my best, I have to lose another 39 pounds.  As Dr. Mouton said, it took time to get fat and out of shape and it will take time to get thin and back into shape. 

That's all in the bad stuff category.  The good stuff is I am now under 190 lbs.  I finally did it.  I weighted 189 lbs this morning. 

How to deal with it?  Keep on doing what will work.  Don't think about now, think about the future and the end result.  This is not a set back, really, on the blood glucose.  It is a blip up on an otherwise down trend.  My weight proves that. 

With that bit of wistful philosophy, the numbers:
  1. Blood Glucose:  130 mg/dl  Still not bad, but not where I want it to be. And I thought I was a sensitive guy.
  2. Weight:  189 lbs.  Now on to 188 lbs.  With my luck it will go back up to 190 lbs. 
  3. Exercise:  40 minutes on trainer.  
  4. Mood:  7 out of 10.  Could be an 8 if the BG were lower. 
The Menu for today:
  1. Breakfast:  Banana, oatmeal infused with a blueberry/vanilla herbal tea and sweetened with craisins, orange.
  2. Lunch:  Split pea sauce with brown rice (tasty McDougall stuff) and strawberries 
  3. Dinner:  Taco salad
  4. Snacks:  Some craisins and soy yogurt with applesauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment