Thursday, June 24, 2010

Arrrgh, the BG remains up.  And I was, well,  I could have been better.  It was 142 mg/dl this morning.  Last night Mary wanted to go out after a frustrating day at the office.  I was happy just to make taco salads.  We wound up going to a place called El Tiempo because she like their margaritas.  They are good and more than a bit potent.  I had one too, although my initial thought was to have a glass of wine.  Should have gone with my gut.  Margaritas can have too much sugar in them.  I also probably ate too much fruit yesterday.  I love fruit.

I read a thread recently about fruit on WebMD.  So is fruit bad?  Seems to very.  This is summer and the good, fresh fruits are coming in and it all seems so innocent.  I have had dried fruit in the past, every nearly for with breakfast, and I didn't really have a problem.  I don't think I have eaten too much to cause a spike, but it is happening.  Maybe my portion size is too big and I have to scale it back. I don't know.

Well, there is always today to make amends.  Maybe that is the lesson out of all of this.  It's an continuum and I just have to move along with it.

The numbers for today: 
  1. Blood Glucose:  142 mg/dl.  
  2. Weight:  190 lbs.  So much for bidding the 190's so long and farewell. 
  3. Exercise:  45+ minutes on the trainer.  All the tunes my iPod Shuffle came up with were just wonderful and I was having too good a time pedaling and listening to stop.  
  4. Mood:  6.  Frustrated and a little down.  Good music kept it from being a 5. 
Menu:
  1. Breakfast:  Banana, oatmeal infused with blueberry/vanilla herbal tea and craisins, organge
  2. Lunch:  Leftover pizza and something else I have not figured out what yet. 
  3. Dinner:  Hors d'oeuvres and wine at some art gallery opening Mary wants to attend this evening. Normally I cut the grass on Thursday evening, but it is raining today and the grass may be too wet.  I am getting old.  I like to maintain a schedule.  It seems to be the best way for me to get things done.
  4. Snacks:  Soy yogurt and applesauce.  I love this stuff.  Unsweetened applesauce, of course. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment