Friday, June 25, 2010

Friday, Splurge Day...

...sorta kinda.  I am now officially frustrated by the rise in my BG and I don't know why.  Mary and I did go to an art opening yesterday for a painter named Chris Cloud and a hors d'oeuvres were served. That became our dinner. Served was a tasty tomato/mozzarella salad, ravioli, a chicken and bow tie pasta.  I had some of each and glass of wine, just enough to feel satisfied after about 20 minutes.  And one small chocolate chip cookie.  I did feel guilty about the cookie.  It's the first one I have had in I don't know how long.   

Am I just in a spike up for a while?  Does that make sense?  Not a clue.

Oh, yeah, the painting were very interesting.  A contemporary impression of images of the Gulf of Mexico around Galveston.  One even had something of a blob painted in brown, gold colors, not unlike pictures of the oil now in the Gulf.  Coincidence?  Don't know.  The one painting I liked and could reasonably afford to purchase was already sold.  Life is sometimes like that.

The numbers for today:
  1. Blood Glucose:  140 mg/dl.  My body seems to be drawn to this higher leverl
  2. Weight:  189 1/2.  
  3. Exercise:  45 minutes on trainer.  It rained hard last evening and the humidity is heavy.  That means I was sweating off who know how much water weight.  Drank it all back, though.  
  4. Mood:  6.  Damned BG.  Down dammit. 
Menu:
  1. Breakfast:  Banana, oatmeal infused with herbal blueberry/vanilla tea. We are out of fruit and we need to go shopping.
  2. Lunch.  Not sure.  I am not meeting with the Big Dogs today, they have other engagements, so Mary and I will have lunch today.  Keep it light, what ever it is. 
  3. Dinner:  I am going to have two margaritas tonight at Tony's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina.  That will be my splurge.  I think the grilled fish dinner or the vegetarian fajitas (yes, such things exist) will be my choices. 
  4. Snacks:  Soy yogurt and applesauce.   

No comments:

Post a Comment