Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Crossing the Threshold

In the past few days I have crossed an important threshold.  I have gone from obese to merely overweight.  It's on the high side of overweight, but merely overweight none the less. 

I was on the Abbott Laboratory's  website for it's Freestyle Meter customers.  I put in my weight (190 1/2, a new low) and height (5'8" the same this I was about 15) and it gave me a rating of 28.9.  Anything above 29.9 is obese, so I have now have a bit to spare. My next big goal is to get to 164.  That puts me at 24.9 and I will be merely normal.  That is just 26 pounds away.  Just.

The numbers for today:
  1. Blood Glucose:  119 dl/mg.
  2. Weight:  190 1/2 lbs.
  3. Exercise:  45 minutes on the trainer
  4. Mood:  8.  Now I can hold my head up high and tell the world I am overweight.  That's good and it's getting better.
Menu:
  1. Breakfast:  Banana, grapefruit, oatmeal and coffee.
  2. Lunch:  Beans sauce, Mary's hunchback potatoes and a peach.
  3. Dinner:  Hamburger leftover from the weekend and a salad.
  4. Snacks:  Soy yogurt with applesauce and a touch of honey.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment