Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday, Start of My Birthday Week Celebration

First, the data:
  1. Blood glucose: 152 mg/dl
  2. Weight: 213 lbs
  3. Exercise: 40+ minutes on the bike. (That's eight Rush toons, more or less. Each one lasts about 5 minutes.
  4. Mood: Very Good
We went out last night to usual Friday night Tony's Tex-Mex dinner. I did have two margaritas. I know I shouldn't have, but they are so good. For dinner I had the grilled catfish with vegetables and rice. I also had a few of the hot, delicious, salty chips. I guess I am paying for it in my reading this morning. All of that fat covering my cells. It is over all better, so that is good.

On Tuesday February 23, I will be 57 years old. I don't hide from it. I try to celebrate it. To kick off my week of festivities I will be have breakfast at a favorite breakfast place, the 59 Diner. What I will have I am not sure. Usually I have the buttermilk pancakes, but that is out for now. Maybe just a scrambled egg. I could have oatmeal, but that just doesn't seem very celebratory.

Anyway, after breakfast I am heading to the Memorial Barbershop where Jeanne will give a fine shave, haircut and a massage. All of this for $45.00 including tip. Man, I feel like a million bucks coming out of there.

Lunch will be left over pizza, one slice and dinner will be chicken, grilled on the cast iron grill we have and a zucchini tomato stew Mary like to make. I plan on having one martini.

No comments:

Post a Comment