Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Birthday Today

Today I turn 57. Boy, that was fast. This week in my birthday/anniversary celebration week. If I am going to get older, may as well make something special out of it. Usually this involves fattening foods and adult beverages. Maybe I should re-think the celebratory accouterments. Tonight, I am going to have my usual Manhattan and rib eye steak at Tony's. It is tradition.

The numbers:
  1. Blood Glucose: 160 mg/dl
  2. Weight: 213
  3. Exercise: 40 minutes plus on the trainer.
  4. Mood: Happy. I am alive and kicking and I am married to a wonder woman. What more can I ask for? And I am going to have a good steak dinner.
Yesterday at work we had our birthday luncheon for the two of us with February birthdays . We had pizza, nature's most perfect food, a fruit tray, a vegetable tray and just for me, an Italian Cream Cake, may favorite. I had what appears to be too much pizza, too big a slice of cake and not enough of the vegetable tray, although I did have some veggies (with some tasty humus dip) and fruit slices. I will be better at lunch today and better tomorrow.

Today's menu is:
  1. Breakfast: Oatmeal with soy milk and crasins and a banana (forgot to eat it before I exercised)
  2. Lunch: Veg. Chili and an apple
  3. Dinner: This is were I will be bad, a rib eye steak at Tony's.

The rib eye is tradition that goes back eleven years, the week we were making the final preperations for our wedding. My birthday was on Tuesday that year, just like today and we were going to be married on Saturday, the day our anniversary is on this year, February 27. Mary insisted that she take me to dinner for my birthday. I said she didn't have to do that, we had too much stuff to get done yet. She kept on insisting and told me to pick a place. I gave in and picked Tony's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina. It was close by. Since it was my birthday I had the rib eye. It was good then, it's good now and it's a nice little tradition I have kept up.

So tomorrow, officially a year older I will get on my bike again with a new determination to be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment