Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello. My name is Dave and I am pudgy.

Hello world. For anyone interested, this my diary to you about my effort to get skinny again, to lose weight, to get healthy, to not look pudgy. About three weeks ago I found out I was a diabetic. For the record, I joined that growing bunch of Americans who are a statistic from our collective bad eating habits. For the record, I had a lot of fun getting there. For the record, that all has to change. This my part of my effort to get a program and get with the program to get skinny again, back down to slim 32 inch waist.

The sad truth of my life is that I like to eat and I like drink. I like to be around people who like to eat and drink. I like to cook. I like to find new recipes. I like to find new restaurants. Heck, I like McDonald's. I love martinis, gin, straight up and with two olives. One for me and one for my wife. I am not particularly fond of exercise. That brings me to my sad state of affairs.

This my notice to the world that I am changing. This is my notice to the world I am going to be better. I am 56, soon to be 57, and I figure I have a lot more years to go. I want to spend them, as many as I can, in good health. I am 5' 8" tall. I weighed 214 lbs this morning. My goal is to get back down to 150 lbs. That is what I weighed when I felt my best, so 150 lbs is my goal. That is down a pound from yesterday.

Wish me luck. It's mine to succeed or fail. If I fail, I want you to call me out. If I succeed, I want your cheers. So get ready to cheer, World.

No comments:

Post a Comment