Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pizza Night

Up this morning at 5:00 am and tested at 5:11am. Results:
Meter reading: 169
Weight: 213
Mood: Frustrated

Up on glucose, down on the weight. Sigh.

Only used one test strip this morning, so that is encouraging .

I was more careful on my proportions yesterday. Breakfast and lunch were the same as before. Dinner was salmon, a piece the length of my hand with a barley vegetable pilaf and rice. I Instead of broiling or sauteing salmon, a poached it with balsamic vinegar and honey. Maybe it was the honey, although I didn't use that much of it. The pilaf was excellent, a McDougall recipe made with with no fats. Under a McDougall plan, this is a main dish. I served it as a side. I had a cup's worth and filled up the plate with green beans. Mary loves green beans, so dinner went over well yesterday.

Did do a full fat burning 45 minutes on the bike this morning. Felt fine, if a little wobbly in the legs at the end. I also cranked the resistance up a bit.

Tonight is clean/pizza night. I will have a slice of pizza topped with turkey pepperoni, green peppers and onions. Typically, I also have a glass of wine. We usually clean the house on Thursday night during the winter months so we don't have to do it on the weekends. More good goof off time that way. The treat for our efforts is pizza, nature's most perfect food. We usually make our own. I make the dough. We like better than most pizzeria stuff, at least the pies from Domino's and Pizza Hut and it is serious competition from places like Star Pizza and Collina's, two of our favorite pizza places in Houston. We only get some take out when I don't make the dough.

Mini pizza review: We had some Domino's a few weeks ago. It's better than Pizza Hut's now, not as salty. If I had to make a choice and I am not too lazy to get it myself, we go to either Star or Collina's Joe's spinach/garlic pizza from Star is the best in town, I think. I could eat that everyday and not get tired of it. Same for pizza rustica at Collina's. It has Italian sausage, roasted red peppers and roasted eggplant.

Man I am getting hungry and I just finished my oatmeal. Lunch will be either half a leftover meatloaf sandwich brought home from The Petrol Station, a fave hangout of ours, or the left over barley/vegetable pilaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment