Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday, Tony's Night

First, the vitals:
  1. 144 on the meter. Reading done at 5:11 am. Better than yesterday
  2. 212 lbs. on the scale. Woohoo.
  3. 40 minutes on the bike.
  4. Mood: Happy.
I would never have guessed I would ever cheer weighing 212 lbs. Just a matter of perspective, really.

I guess I managed to survive the half a meat loaf sandwich I had for lunch yesterday. It came from the Petrol Station, a neighborhood bar Mary and I find all sorts of excuses to go to. Good crusty roll, thick slab of meat loaf and cheese melted on the top. They may make the best meatloaf in town (the secret we were told is adding fresh rosemary) and I don't think they have any competition when it comes to burgers. The beer selection is eclectic to say the least. They get kegs of micro brewery beer from all over the country. Always something new to try and it's always good. Last time I had a pecan porter. Delicious.

Dinner was homemade pizza, topped with turkey sausage, onions and red peppers. One slice. It is a decent sized slice, admittedly, one eight of a round pie formed in a 16" pan. I usually have two and sometimes three and occasionally four. I prefer to stop at two, did prefer to stop at two, because my all time favorite breakfast is cold pizza, coffee and orange juice. The orange juice is out for now, and I should stick with the oatmeal for now as well.

This weekend I have to work on decent snacks. No more Butterfingers, so I have to start coming up with safe alternatives.

Today's menu will be appropriate for a Catholic boy on Friday in Lent
  1. Breakfast: oatmeal, crasins and a banana before I rode
  2. Lunch: Vegetarian chili
  3. Dinner: Haven't decided.
This is Friday, our Tony's night. Our night to go out to dinner and just unwind, talk about the week, plan the weekend. It the "us night." Nothing to do but relax and enjoy.

Tony's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina is a local Tex-Mex place, one of the best in Houston. The margaritas are steller and chock full of tequila. Probably the worst drink I can have is a margarita. Probably I will choose from the vegetarian fajitas (whatever that is), the spinach enchiladas with tormatillo sauce , the fish tacos or the grilled fish and vegetables. Easy on the salty hot fresh from the fryer chips with a hot, flavorful salsa. Man, I love that part, bad as it is for me. How many times have we gone to Tex-Mex place and filled up on just chips and salsa, never mind dinner. Thus my current dilemma.

No comments:

Post a Comment