Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday morning and just catching up

My numbers for today
  • Fasting Blood Glucose:  112 mg/dl.  Same as the past three days. This despite a very good Italian dinner last night at our new favorite Italian place, Fratelli's.  I had the Tagliatelle con Ragu Bolognese.  The Charming Mrs. SWMBO went with the Lasagna Bolognese again.  She's stuck on it.  We both passed on any desert, tempting as that was.  They were really busy last night, large Christmas parties and the everyone was ordering something fattening along with an espresso.  We just stuck to coffee.  
  • Weight:  188 lbs.  Down a pound.  I bet I pay for my Fratelli's treat on Monday.
  • Exercise:  None today.  Yesterday, just worked around the house, cleaning up the leaves, the back yard patio and hung Christmas lights.  Have to admit, the lights look good.   Also have to admit, the day's exertions and the dinner and wine really put me to sleep last night.  Mom used to call it the sleep of the just.  Works for me. 
  • Mood:  9.00  It's Christmas time.  Stay happy. 
Menu for today:
  • Breakfast:  Banana, tangerine, oatmeal with raisins.
  • Lunch:  Leftover red beans on toast.  Real McDougall
  • Dinner: Grilled salmon, broccoli and salad.  
We are putting up the tree today and I think a martini is in order.

Towards as color blind diet?  

Further reinforcing my good mood is that red meat, the stuff I grew up on, is at least not really bad for me.  Mostly.  This from Nutrition Data.  Color really should have nothing to do with it, red or white, light or dark,  it's all the same.  

The Twinkies Diet may have some of the most relevant diet research and revelations in a generation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment