Monday, December 13, 2010

Monday, back at it

Monday motivation for the week. 
Monday and it's time to get back to the morning routine: test, weigh-in, slip on the iPod and ride, and when that's over clean out the cat's litter box and make coffee and breakfast. My only exercise on the weekend is either cleaning up the yard or walking while shopping with the Charming Mrs. SWMBO.  Getting back into the routine even after two days takes a bit of resolve.  I would prefer to lie in bed and snuggle. It's tedious slog, but I do it.

Every Monday morning this little tune pops into my head.  Yes, it's corny, but it works. Yes, I have mentioned this before, but what the hay, it's a classic and Meredith Wilson did write it for the President's Council on Physical Fitness, so it fits.

Since the creation of the President's Council on Physical Fitness, our nation's youth has become much fatter and even more out of shape.  Why is it that all government attempts to do good things just never seem to work?  Can't blame the music, it's a catchy tune. 

My numbers for this morning.
  • Fasting blood glucose:  104 mg/dl.  Wow.
  • Weight:  188 lbs.  Well, I am consistent, give me that. 
  • Exercise:  45 minutes on the trainer. It's cold out right now.  Winter is even coming to Houston, for a few days anyway. 
  • Mood:  7.5  Sunny, if cool today and faster BG was great.  I'm normal!
Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Banana, grapefruit, oatmeal with herbal tea and raisins. 
  • Lunch:  Leftover chicken soup and an apple.
  • Dinner: Pasta Rustica and a salad.  
  • Snacks:  Pretzels and some soy yogurt. 
Keeping that motivation going.
Articles like this help keep the mood from flagging and giving in to my occasional urges to slack off on the diet or the exercise.  If these losers can do it, so can I.  That and the desire to live a long life with the Charming Mrs. SWMBO.  I want to hit 50 years of marriage and I will be 95 when that happens.  Gotta stay fit and motivated. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment