Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's Christmas time

My numbers for today:
  • Fasting Blood Glucose:  122 mg/dl.  Sigh
  • Weight:  A sold 187 lbs.  Why is it when I drop some weight, the BG goes up?
  • Exercise:  45 minuted ride.  Warm this morning, pleasant and sweaty. 
  • Mood:  7.0  Up a bit, down a bit.  More sigh. 
Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Banana, grapefruit, oatmeal with raisins and infused (I love that) with herbal tea.
  • Lunch:  Business lunch.  I would like to call it a review of the current state of the AEC market.  Others may call it a bitch session.  Whatever.
  • Dinner:  A cocktail party put on by one of The Charming Mrs. SWMBO's clients. I am wildly tempted to not be good. Note:  the food there was plentiful and outstanding.  The meatballs were killer and the shrimp piled high. 
  • Snacks:  I will try to be good and avoid them so I can be bad.  See dinner. 
In short, I was a bad boy today.  It's Christmas and I can be bad at a couple of times when meeting with friends and colleagues. I did have vast amounts of shrimp, but as I live about 60 miles from some of the best shrimping waters in the country, so what.  I am happy to keep a bunch of Texas shrimpers bountifully employed.  I happily admit that I had no deserts other than a few grapes, so it was not a total food debauch.  The disciple remains, mostly. 

I also had one of my favorite whiskeys, Woodford Reserve to night.  Neat.  Here me, Santa? Water just ruins the flavor. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment