Monday, May 24, 2010

Musta Been the Rice

Took time off from riding this weekend for a lot of hard work around the yard.  Sunday I was pretty happy. The blood glucose was 112 mg/dl and my weight was 195 lbs.  We finished up yesterday, Sunday at around 6:00 pm, cleaned up and decided a to go out to eat. We went to a Greek restaurant called Niko-Nikos.  I had the grilled pita sandwich and some rice.  OK, a lot of rice, it was good and ate it all.  And a couple of beers.  The rice and beer sent my blood glucose up this morning.

The numbers:
  1. Blood Glucose:  133 mg/dl.  It was 130 on Saturday morning after a couple of margaritas on Friday night, splurge night, 112 on Sunday, and up again to day.  I can look at it that slowly, I am getting better at processing glucose again.  So I will.
  2. Weight:  194 1/2 lbs.  Not quite 195, not quite 194.  
  3. Exercise.  Took the morning off.  Still stiff from the weekend's yard work.  Tomorrow, back at it. 
  4. Mood:  Good.  Sore, but good. 
Menu:
  1. Breakfast:  Oatmeal infused with blackberry herbal tea, grapefruit.
  2. Lunch:  McDougall bean sauce on whole wheat pasta and strawberries.  
  3. Dinner:  Hamburger cooked on the grill, the one we did not cook last night, and a salad. 
  4. Snacks:  Soy yogurt and a few Wheat Thins, the low fat kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment