Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Doctor is Pleased

Yesterday I went to my doctor for my six week follow up, about six weeks late.  Oh, well.  He didn't seem to notice.  The good news is that he is pleased with my progress, almost as much as I am frustrated by it.   I wanted to substantially lower on the scale and substantially lower in blood glucose level. 

My blood pressure, glucose level and weight were all good.  My heart rate was 50 beats per minute.  That's great.

Yesterday at work we had a little celebration for Kathy Cane.  I had three, count 'em three, pieces of pizza and one slice of ginger/spice cake with caramel frosting.  Very good cake and my glucose level dropped from yesterday (144 ml/dg).  Must have been due to the carrots I had last night. 

My numbers for today:
  1. Blood Glucose:  121mg/dl.  Better then yesterday's 144
  2. Weight:  200 lbs.  My body likes it here I guess.  I don't.  
  3. Exercise:  45 minutes on the trainer.  It's getting humid in the mornings here in Houston now and I really sweat.  Feels great. Also watered the flower beds in back. Lots of energy.
  4. Mood.  Determined.  It's all I can do and be right now. 
Menu:
  1. Breakfast:  Oatmeal infused with blackberry herbal tea, banana, grapefruit, coffee
  2. Lunch:  If I am lucky, some left over pizza from yesterday.  Always best a day later.  If not, pinto beans.
  3. Dinner:  Salmon on the grill. 
  4. Snacks:  Soy yogurt and maybe some baked chips. 
Since I am pumped up on exercise, saw this on the benefits of walking,  or how to avoid the metabolic syndrome.  That's good, avoiding the metabolic syndrome.  It's a lot of walking, though.  Makes me think it is the sort of activity we are designed to do.  I wonder if riding a bike counts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment