Monday, August 2, 2010

Yeah, but will it last?

Drew Carey has lost over 80 pounds and he really looks good.  I am jealous, actually.  I love the bow tie. I hope he keeps it off.

Amazing what losing 80 pounds can do for you


He did lots of cardio exercises from what I have read, was a type 2 diabetic and ate no carbohydrates.  None.  "No carbs," he said. "I have cheated a couple times, but basically no carbs, not even a cracker. No bread at all. No pizza, nothing. No corn, no beans, no starches of any kind."

I think this proves that if you eat less of anything, you will lose weight. The ultimate challenge is to keep it off. 

I bet in a few years he gains the weight back.  I hope not.  I don't think he can maintain that sort of regimen indefinately.  We seemed to be programmed to eat carbohydrates for one thing.  It's the type of carbohydrates we eat that matter.  I don't think a no carbohydrate diet is healthy.  They are like little packets of energy easily used and readily released into the body.  Too much of anything can't be good and that was my big problem.  Too much fuel going in and not enough going out.  Carbohydrates from whole grains and beans are low in fat and calories, have all sorts of nutrients and are filling.  For me, it helps keep the out going above the in coming. 

So, I am going to continue what I do. It may not be as fast, but I think it is a sensible way to eat to live.  Eat a potato, not potato chip. 

My numbers for the day:
  • Blood Glucose:  124 mg/dl.  Good, but not where I want it. 
  • Weight:  187 lbs.  Gained two over the weekend.  Must have been the beer.
  • Exercise:  45 minutes on the bike.  I want to add the resistance bands, but time, time time. 
  • Mood:  7. Two pounds.  Frustrating.
Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Banana, oatmeal with craisins and a kiwi fruit.
  • Lunch:  Leftover ribs (2) and half a chicken breast and an orange.  Cleaning out the fridge. 
  • Dinner:  Speaking of whole grains and beans, a bean sauce made from red bean, pinto beans, navy beans over brown rice. Not sure of the the vegetables. 
I over served myself at favorite of place of ours, the Petrol Station.  I had several glasses of Arrogant Bastard's  SSR (Simply Sublime Reserve).  It's a dark, hoppy beer with a lot of alcohol in it.  I have noticed that it takes less to get there faster when it come to alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment