Sunday, August 8, 2010

Just Do It, and if Nike Is Irked, Sue Me.

I know it is Nike's saying, but it's true.  Given the hurly-burly stretched for time way we live our lives, exercise is something all too often put aside for the expedient reason of no time.  Even if it is just walking around the block a couple of time a day, start doing it. Although this WebMD article was written with a woman's health in mind, the prevailing theme applies to both men and woman:  start doing it. 

Stop whining and fretting and just start doing something.  The details will all fall into place soon enough.  It's amazing to learn what other activities that once took up your time move down the list of what is important. Eventually the thought of why-did-I-waste-my-time-on-stuff will dawn you.  Trust me, if you deem something of A1 importance and make it a habit, the results will surprise you.  It did me.

My numbers for today and yesterday.
  •  Blood Glucose:  124 mg/dl.  Yesterday 113 ml/dl.  I panic when things go up.  I ate a lot of stuff yesterday, sampling at Sam's and HEB Grocery, and nibbling on things the merchants served at the White Linen Night street fair in Historic Houston Heights. I did pick up three new razors at a couple antique stores, 2 Gillette TTO's (twist to open) from the 1970'a I didn't have and a rare Schick DE probably from the 1930's.  I am going to use the Schick today. 
  • Weight:  185 lbs.  Yesterday:  185 lbs.  I am definitely at a plateau
  • Exercise:  Day off.  Yesterday:  Day off.  I did sweat a lot yesterday and I did walk a lot and I did work a bit on the flower beds.  Does that count?  
  • Mood:  8.0.  It's the weekend.  How bad can it get?
Menu for today:
  • Breakfast:  Banana, oatmeal with craisins and blueberries.  I loves me some blueberries.  
  • Leftover something.  Not sure.
  • Dinner:  We bought some good looking country pork ribs at Whole Foods and I think we will grill those. 
  • Snacks:  Pretzels.  Will also have a manhatten.  It is the weekend after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment