Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chicken Fat!

As I got on my bike this morning I thought of the "Chicken Fat" song from the " The Music Man".  This is from YouTube.



Given that Robert Preston, if memory serves me right, was a heavy smoker, I doubt that he took Henry Hill's advice.  I remember that song being popular when I was in elementary school.  I think the gym teacher used to play it.

Since I am on a "Music Man" theme, here is Buddy Hackett's big number, Shipoopi.



And here is the version Peter Griffin did on the Family Guy.




I have to give the nod still to Buddy Hackett's version.  Close, though.

My numbers for today:
  • Blood Glucose:  115 mg/dl.  As Peter Griffin says "All right."
  • Weight:  187 lbs.  WTF?  
  • Exercise:  45 min riding the bike.
  • Mood:  7.0  Weight issue.  Why am I gaining?
Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Banana, oatmeal with craisins and blueberries. 
  • Lunch:  Birthday luncheon at work for one the guys there.  Had a moderate lunch, fried chicken, some raw vegetables, a few crackers with hummus and a few little rounds of ham, turkey and cheese.  The killer was a the cake.  I did have a small slice of it.   It was a chocolate, mocha, espresso, caramel confection that actually gave me a sugar  buzz.  
  • Leftovers from Sunday, pork country ribs, whipped sweet potato and white potato with low fat sour cream, and cole slaw. 
  • No snacks.  Not after the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment