Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nine Things I Didn't Do and Now Do

I ran across a list of called Nine Harmless Habits That Age You posted on Yahoo Health.  I am guilty of violating more than a few of them. Well, most of them.  A quick run down of the harmless habits that are not good for you.
  1. You keep your college bed time. I wish.  In college, if I got five hours of sleep, I was good to go. Now, if I don't get seven hour, I finish the day doing a fine impression of a zombie. 
  2. You have a soft spot for sweets.  Yep. Guilty.  Never met a candy bar or desert I have not liked.
  3. You're stressed more often than not.  Not really. I have worked to to train myself to leave problems at the front door.  
  4. You only exercise to lose weight.  Yes, guilty.
  5. You blast your iPod.  Yes, but I can't always hear it.
  6. You never see your girlfriends. True.  SHMBO would kill me if I did.  I do try to keep up friends from the past, however,which is what I think the author meant. 
  7. You eat veggies, but not everyday.  Yes, guilty.  Do french fries count?  Trying to fix that now.  Lots of veggies now. Even beginning to look forward to them now. 
  8. You've shunned all fats from your diet.  No, and I ate a lot of the wrong ones, the ones that really taste good. I am supposed to consume the ones that contain omega 3 fatty acids and monounsaturated fats that are supposed to raise HDL cholesterol and lower LDL cholesterol.  Unless you follow the advice of Drs. McDougall and Ornish who say to avoid fats as much as possible.  
  9. You can't recall the last time you had sex.  I am good on this one,which one reason I don't bother with number six.  
The numbers for today:
  • Blood Glucose:  128 mg/dl.  At least it is under 130 mg/dl.
  • Weight:  185.  Down a pound. 
  • Exercise:  45 minutes on trainer. 
  • Mood:  7.5.
Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Banana, oatmeal flavored with craisins and herbal blackberry tea, orange
  • Lunch:  Left over tofu lasagna and butternut squash with a few dark cherries for desert. 
  • Dinner:  Hors d'oeuvres at some client of SWMBO
  • Snacks:  Baked Sun Chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment