Friday, April 20, 2012

Diet News, or Repackaging the Same Old Stuff on Splurge Friday.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Of, course it's the same old diet and weight loss advice.  There's really no mystery to successful dieting, ultimately.  Eat less, make better food choices and exercise.

But first,

My Numbers:
  • Fasting Blood Glucose Level:  105 mg/dl.  Must be the cheese and cracker pig out from yesterday.
  • Weight:  189lbs. 
  • Exercise:  45 minutes bike ride, but with less brio, which is odd because I am usually pedaling with gusto because the weekend is here.  Oh, well, always next week.   
  • Mood:  7.5.  Could be better, could be worse. 
 The Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Usual morning fruit medley of a banana, grapefruit and strawberries and one slice of pizza. 
  • Lunch:
  • DinnerWhatever is served at a Pink Ribbon open house the Charming Mrs. SWMBO, and guest, me, is invited to this evening. 
  • Snacks
Diet News


Hey, swimsuit season is here or almost here, depending on where you live.

Best and Worst Foods for Diets.  Kinda of a no duh list, but it's always good to review the basics. 

The Best Piece of Weight Loss Advice Ever.  I don't know about best evea, but none here can hurt and probably help.

The 10 Best Foods You Aren't Eating.  Ten more super foods, if that is really a food category, super foods.

I eat about half of these, at least occasionally.  I admit I have never had raw beets and now I am interested and I would like to try the goji berries. One thing I have notice about super foods is that most of them seem to be relatively high in anti-oxidants.  I also remember reading several years ago that the good anti-oxidants are supposed to do is generally overrated. 

Now You Should Get a Gustomized a1c.  
In the probably one serious bit of type 2 diabetic news, the proper level of a1c a type 2 diabetic should maintain will now vary mostly on the patient's age and general health.  When I was diagnosed, the American Diabetic Association recommended a level at or below 7.  The endocrinologist's organization recommended a level at or below 6.5.  My doctor prefers a level below 6.  I was 5.8, so I guess by most measures, I am okay.  I have read of an endocrinologist that recommends a level of 4.5 or below.  You can read the whole thing here.

Why is it I just feel this is not going to work out well?  I hope my fears a baseless.

No comments:

Post a Comment