Monday, July 12, 2010

A Long Weekend and It's Time to Stop Goofing Off

Spent an enjoyable weekend in Dallas visiting my sister-in-law.  Enjoyable for me any how.  She is scrambling to sell her old house and get into a new one.  Me, I was just along for the ride, offer some sage advice (it's worth exactly what it cost) and generally kick back and enjoy some good company and good food.  Dallas has some fine places to eat.

I was really proud of myself.  My big splurge was Saturday night.  Had a couple of glasses of wine and chance to really pig out at an event called the Kessler Krawel, which is an excuse for the locals in a Dallas sub-division to meet, eat, drink and gossip.  I was a model of probity and restraint.  I only had two small glasses of wine. We had dinner at a place called Enos. I had a martini made from a Texas made gin, which was wonderful.  (Sadly, I don't remember the name of the gin, but I intend to find out.)  After the cocktail we had a the fig and fennel salad and a their version of a margarita pizza called Mom Pie.  Check out the menu at Eno's Pizza. 

After a good weekend for me I was afraid to test my BG and look at my weight. It was pretty good, considering.  Same weight as when I left and the BG was good.  I also got a lot of compliments on how much weight I had lost from people there who had the before image of me in their head.

Numbers for today:
  • Blood Glucose:  122 mg/dl.  Not bad
  • Weight:  190 lbs.  Could have been worse.
  • Exercise:  45 minutes and I really rode hard.
  • Mood:  7.  Not lower vitals, but not higher vitals.
Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Leftover waffle from last week, banana, cantaloupe. 
  • Lunch:  Left over pizza and a peach
  • Dinner:  Left over meat loaf 
  • Snacks: Hummus and Sally's Pita Chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment