Monday, July 26, 2010

John Goodman Did It, So I Can Do It.

Last week I read this about actor John Goodman and his weight loss and exercise.  He does a combination routine of riding a recumbent bike and an elliptical trainer and resistance bands.  It was inspiring to say the least that he could lose so much weight without surgery.  It's the right way to do it.  It takes more time, but it is the way to learn to be thin and he talks about this. It's a life long thing, a way of living.  Plus, it tells me that my approach is, my own combination of riding my bike and resistance bands is a good way to go.

In this article he has lost 100 lbs, 30 lbs of them after he gave up drinking for good.  He mentions that he is an alcoholic and that partially responsible his being overweight. Happily that is not one of my problems.  He also likes the gooey sweet stuff, which is one of my problems. 

My numbers for the day:
  • Blood Glucose:  113 mg/dl.  A smidgen above normal
  • Weight:  187 lbs.  Well, more like tickling 186 1/2 lbs.  I think I have left 190 behind for good. 
  • Exercise:  Forty five minutes on the bike and 15 minutes with the bands. 
  • Mood:  8.  Could be a 9, but business sucks. 
Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Banana, oatmeal infused with vanilla/blueberry herb tea and craisins.
  • Lunch:  A small blob of artichoke dip, small blob of hummus (both fat free), one pita bread, cucumber slices, yellow pepper slices. 
  • Dinner:  Mary & Dave's salad with grilled chicken.  (Mary & Dave's salad is whatever we have around that is generally considered a salad type vegetable.  
  • Snacks:  Soy yogurt mixed with applesauce and pumpkin granola stuff (it really does taste good).

No comments:

Post a Comment