Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Moanin'

The Numbers:
  • Fasting Blood Glucose:  103 mg/dl.  Beer, late, see below
  • Weight:  189 lbs.  Oh, may as well see below.
  • Exercise:  Too sore, none this morning, see below
  • Mood.  7.5  Too sore, see below.
The Menu:
  •  Breakfast:  Breakfast fruit salad of banana, strawberries, Rio Star grapefruit, oatmeal  with craisins, cinnamon and soy milk.
  • Lunch:  A slice of left over pizza while waiting for a foundation repair salesman hand me the bad news about how much it will cost to get our foundation repaired.  Could have been worse.
  • Dinner:  Taco salad
  • Snacks:  A few Kroger imitation Doritos and a small bowl of leftover mash potatoes when I go home.  The fake Doritos were a kind of a work-is-getting-way-too-frustrating indulgence.
Below

This past weekend, in of St. Pat's Day on Saturday, the Charming Mrs. SWMBO and I decided to clean out the flower beds.   Mostly it is a session to dig up a weed called oxsalis.  Some think of it as the charming four leaf clover.  I think of it as a nuisance.

Oxsalis is a bulb plant, invasive as all heck, and it seems to come back every spring, each year worse than the last.  The only way I can find to get rid of it and not kill everything else in the flower bed is to dig it up.  So that is what we did.  I  spent way too many hours on my knees patiently digging one clump after another, little spade in hand, trying to be as careful as possible not to dig up or kill the plants we do want to keep.  My back, my thighs, my knees, my arms, my hands, my shoulders, my neck, my seemingly everything is sore and stiff.  I got up this morning and just said to the heck with my ride.

People actually buy this stuff.  If they came here I would give them all they could dig up for free. Someone show me the luck.

My only real relief I have had has been the better part of a six pack of a very good IPA from Full Sail brewery this past weekend.  This morning I am switching to Tylenol.

Maybe it also helps Monday Morning Grumpiness: Four hours of exercise per week prevents burnout and depression.  Can it help me spend hours on my knees digging up Oxsalis without getting stiff and sore?

No comments:

Post a Comment