Thursday, March 22, 2012

It's not my fault, I have a bug problem

 March 22, 2012

Numbers for Today:
  • Fasting Blood Glucose Level:  93 mg/dl. 
  • Weight:  189ish. 
  • Exercise:  45 minutes of just a sweet, wonder full ride. Over before I knew it. Warm and no wind to speak of. 
  • Mood:  7.0  Work and business could be better. 
Menu for Today:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit salad of grapefruit, a banana and strawberries and oatmeal with craisins. 
  • Lunch:  Leftover stuff made good with a big dollop of low fat sour cream.
  • Dinner:  Thursday night, pizza and salad night.  Going to make two small ones because, a Mary and Dave The Works and a margarita because I can have a the margarita for breakfast tomorrow, fast day and all. 
  •  Snacks:  Some almonds. 
Bacteria Caused My Diabetes.  

Well, really, I have no idea if it did or not.  My guess is no.  I had an over eating problem and too much fat caused the insulin resistance and suddenly I was a type two diabetic.  Lose the fat, lose the problem, simple as that. 

There is however some evidence that a bateria, H. pylori bacteria, may be responsible for some people becoming type 2 diabetics. Read about it here and here.  The bacteria seem to affect a1c, a three month measurement of blood glucose.  It is also responsible for stomach ulcers.  

I worked with a lady who was a bit zaftig.  She often said she had a thyroid problem to explain her plumpness.  For all I know, she did.  I wonder, assuming a bacteria can cause type two diabetes, if that will be the new excuse regardless of the facts. 
 I do remember also reading of thin, older people getting diabetes.  It was thought that the problems was caused by lack of exercise.  Bad muscle tone may be causing diabetes in older middle aged people was the thought.  Maybe that had nothing to do with it and the problem was an undiagnosed bacterial infection.

The treatment is antibiotics.
   


No comments:

Post a Comment