Thursday, April 8, 2010

I Am Battling Depression...I Guess

Not a bad morning. Weight is improving, blood glucose is a tad high, but in a steady and more or less in a safe range. It's a beautiful morning, sunny and cool.

The numbers:
  1. Blood Glucsose: 117 mg/dl. I would like it to be in the mid-90's. It has dipped there on occasion before.
  2. Weight: 202 lbs. I could make a case for 201, but 202 is safe.
  3. Exercise: 45+ minutes on the bike.
  4. Mood: Happy
Menu:
  1. Breakfast: Oatmeal infused with cinnamon/apple herb tea, craisins and a grapefruit
  2. Lunch: Last of the split peas sauce over whole wheat pasta
  3. Dinner: Not sure. Maybe going to an open house tonight that Mary has been invited to attended as a vendor. If we go, it will hors d'oeuvers and wine. If we don't go, pizza and Project Runway. I am hoping for pizza and Project Runway
  4. Snacks: Fat free baked potato chips and soy yogurt.
I think I have discovered why I gained weight for the last decade and a half: I was depressed. Sounds reasonable to me. Here I was blaming myself for little discipline and not making wise food choices. I am in a better mood, not counting business, and here I just thought is was due to my pants fitting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment