Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Finally, A Move Down

Stepped on the scale this morning and I weighed 202 lbs. I can't believe I am happy at 202 lbs, but I am. Really, more like 202 1/2, but I am going to think positive. I don't know what happened to the three pounds from yesterday, but I ain't complaining. Water weight, probably, but poundage gone is poundage gone.

The numbers:
  1. Blood Glucose: 123 ml/dl. Seems I can't get off this plateau.
  2. Weight: 202
  3. Exercise: 45 minutes on the trainer
  4. Mood: Pretty good.
Menu:
  1. Oatmeal infused with apple/cinnamon herbal tea, craisins and a banana.
  2. Lunch: Split peas/bean sauce on whole wheat pasta.
  3. Dinner: Some sort of leftover
  4. Snacks: Soy yogurt. I seem to respond better to it than milk yogurt.
Great article on Jack Lalanne: He's still an animal. It talks mostly about his career as an exercise guru, but I think it is good to note that he follows a vegetarian diet, mostly. I think I read that he does eat some salmon for the omega-3 benefits. This was written back in the early 90's and he was 81 at the time. Now he's well into his 90's, still fit and pushing his juicier. I like his line I heard him say: When I die, I ruin my whole act. That's pretty much true for all of his. The guy is an inspiration and he's been right all along about diet and exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment