Friday, May 18, 2012

Sensible Splurge Friday, Reducing Inflammation and Coffee

It's Friday, May 18, 2012

Is there anything coffee can't do?  Probably, but what it can't do doesn't really matter anyway.

But this does matter, the numbers and menu for today.

The Numbers:
  • Fasting Blood Glucose Level:  97 mg/dl
  • Weight:  187lbs
  • Exercise:  45 minute and it's getting sweaty again here in Houston. 
  • Mood. 8.0  It's Friday!
The Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Leftover pizza and some focaccia bread and the usual morning fruit medley.  Carb mania.
  • Lunch:  Leftover chicken breast and some leftover pinto beans.  We are doing some cooking this weekend.  We have a very empty fridge.
  • Dinner:  TexMex and it does include some margaritas. 
  • Snacks: A couple of Smarties or Cuties, or whatever those little mandarin oranges are called. 

Coffee, Its Does A Body Good

Enjoy a nice cup of coffee
There have lots of studies say coffee is not bad and is really good for us.  For me, it's not really a good morning unless I have my coffee  But while my day brightens as the coffee, the caffeine, works its magic, I can take comfort that anecdotal research shows that coffee drink live a bit long than non-coffee drinker. Coffee drinkers were less likely to die of heart or respiratory disease, stroke, diabetes, injuries, accidents or infections.  

For diabetics it may lead to lower levels of markers for inflammation and insulin resistance.  That's worth an extra cup right there. 

I know this is mostly an anecdotal study, but so what.  It's a good reason or excuse to keep on enjoying my morning joe, black thank you.  

Speaking of Inflammation 

Since I keep reading of inflammation and that it's bad, here are a list of foods that can reduce inflammation. I regularly enjoy all of them, save for the green tea.  I think I will stick with my coffee, thank you. 

Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment