Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Think I Just Scored

Wednesday, posted late on Friday Eve. 
 
Today's Numbers:
  • Fasting Blood Glucose:  117 mg/dl.  Late night beans and rice dinner.  Still good.  
  • Weight:  189 1/2 pounds.  I am almost at 188.  I have stuck at this for so long that I feel hitting 188 will some major breakthrough.  
  • Exercise:  55 minutes.  Working in some resistance band work.  Gotta pump up the arms. 
  • Mood:  8.0.  Tomorrow, the big move to 188 lbs?  
Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Banana, Texas Ruby Red grapefruit, oatmeal with blueberry herbal tea, chopped prunes and apricots.
  • Lunch:
  • Dinner:  
  • Snacks:
I Guess I Am a Healthy Guy:
Going by this article on Fox News, hey, I am scoring ok.  Pink nails, sufficient vital bodily fluids, good resting heart rate, elastic skin and proper colored, and smelling, urine.

That last sign reminded me of my bad old type 2 diabetes days.  I would notice then that my urine did have a slightly sweet smell.  Okay, I know, it's a bit off putting discussing the smell of someone's urine, but it was a sign that I had a problem and I didn't now it that it was a sign that I had problem.  Message sent, received and not understood.

The smell was caused by excess glucose being excreted.  My body was attempting to get rid of the excess, the hard way, through the kidneys.  Whatever abuse I put those two guys through,  I can only hope there is no issues to come from my past stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment