Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday...and I'm draggin'

Spent most of yesterday, my wedding anniversary, thank you very much, working in the yard, mostly on oxalis eradication patrol.  Oxalis is a weed, once referred to as a weed nightmare by some frustrated gardener, that grows in 98% of the earth's temperate zones, I think I read once.  It does grow very well in a Houston spring, that is for sure.

Our flower beds are covered in it and the only way I have found to really get rid of it is to get on my hands and knees and dig it up.  At the base is a bulb and if I don't get the blub, it comes back the following year bigger and badder than ever. It looks like a shamrock and for all I know it is called a shamrock in some areas.  It is edible and has been used from everything as a desert to an aphrodisiac.

I just want it gone. 

Getting on my hands and knees is what I did yesterday and I am as sore as can be.  I have lots more to pick. And I thought I was in decent shape.  Wrong.

The numbers for today:
  • Fasting blood glucose:  121 mg/dl.  Good, considering the sheer volume of cracker's I ate last night as part of the evenings hors d'oeuvres with champagne, plus dinner and desert.   
  • Weight:  189. Same old same old. 
  • Exercise:  45 minutes on the bike.  It was rough, trust me. 
  • Mood:  7.  Damn it, I am sore. 
Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Banana, grapefruit, one mini blueberry/mango scone left over from Sunday
  • Lunch:  Leftovers, little bits of BBQ tempeh, brown rice, green beans and sweet potato. 
  • Dinner:  Taco soup. 
  • Snacks:

No comments:

Post a Comment