Thursday, January 5, 2012

Making Exercise Fun...Well, Not Really

My Numbers this Morning
  • Fasting Blood Glucose:  120mg/dl.  Still a bit high.
  • Weight:  191 lbs.  
  • Exercise:  45 minutes bike ride
  • Mood:  8.0  Business continues it sucky ways and it maybe getting worse, but tonight some new Project Runway series comes on so I get look at Heidi Klum's legs again. I also will make pizza tonight and we are sliding back into our routines again. so life is pretty good after all. Just a bit broker, that's all.
The Menu for Today:
  •  Breakfast:  A banana, oatmeal with craisins and made with apple/cinnamon herbal tea, strawberries and blueberries.  Anytime I can get blueberries in the winder, life if good indeed. Thank you Chile.  No wonder they have embraced capitalism the way they have.  It's beneficial for all. 
  • Lunch:  Leftover veggie chili.
  • Dinner:  Pizza and a salad and a thin piece of the Charming Mrs. SWMBO's cheesecake, the last of it. 
  • Snacks:  A few almonds. 
Exercise Tips for the New Year, or the Usual Stuff for Early January, Part 1. 

From WebMD, 20 fitness crazes for men and woman. I was trying to convince the Mrs. that she should try poll dancing, but for now at least she is demurring.  Some of it, like Suspension, seem painful in a not good way and the Suspension Shoes look kind of goofy.  But, if you like it, that good, that's the key to fitness. A pleasant walk is good, too.

Diets Tise for the New Year, or the Usual Stuff for Early January, Part 2.

Again from WebMD, The best tips ever, 22 ways to stay on track.  I think I read these tips last year, but the pros always go back to the basics. For me, portion size.  It's too easy to load up, even on the good stuff.  For me the key is to wait about 20 minutes.  My brain finally figures out my stomach is satisfied. That's the hardest discipline for me to master.  The temptation is always to add a bit more. 

Update.

It's not the usual Project Runway, it's the Project Runway Allstars.  They were good, but not good enough to win. If you really want to be cruel, they were the memorable losers.  

Heidi Klum is not hosting it either.  This go around is hosted by a pretty lady who is a famous model that I have never heard of before until this evening.  For the life of me, I can't remember her name. 

The Charming Mrs. SWMBO did like my pizza, so that evening turned out okay.




No comments:

Post a Comment