Friday, September 3, 2010

Splurge Friday and a Little Reflection.

This is Labor Day weekend.  I had a big goal set this weekend.  I planned to weight 170 lbs.  Why that weight on this date?  When I set it in the winter, it seemed a reasonable goal to obtain.  This morning I am 15 lbs. above that. Earlier in the summer when I suspected that I would not get to 170 lbs by Labor Day, I readjusted to be happy with somewhere in the 170's.  That did seem reasonable back in June and even that easier goal I missed.

Still, I am not down.  I did hit 185 lbs this morning.  I finally got off the 186-187 mark, if only by a pound or two.  I seem to have at this weight for an eternity.  Well, OK, not eternity, but for a too long anyway.  I continue to get compliments from people on my weight loss.  That feels great. I get lots of questions on how am I doing it.  Eat less and exercise I say. That always gets a funny look and the question, "that's it?"  Yep.

I know several people who have had some sort of operation to tie up their stomach as a way to lose weight, lost weight, and then gained it all back.  I am not sure how that works, but I bet it's uncomfortable.  We me I just want to develop the right habits to get to the right weight and stay there.

The Charming Mrs. SWMBO asked me the other day if I am going to keep getting up early to exercise when and if I lose all the weight I want to lose.  Yes was the answer.  I don't exercise now just to lose weight.  I exercise to stay fit.  I don't like to exercise, really, and in a perfect world I could just roll over and go back to sleep instead of getting up to peddle my bike.  It's not really bad once I start.  It's nice to plug in the iPod, peddle and get into that zen zone. The time goes by pretty quickly.  When I am done I feel great.  Why stop? 

My final goal was to get to 150 lbs. by my birthday of 2011.  That's in February.  Will I get there?  I hope so, but I don't know.  With the proper habits I will get there sooner or later.

The numbers for today:
  • Blood Glucose:  119 mg/dl.  OK, nothing to write home about. 
  • Weight:  185 lbs.  Not 170 lbs. but better than 186  lbs. 
  • Exercise:  45 minutes on my bike. 
  • Mood:  8.0.  It's Friday before a long weekend, I am meeting my good friend Bob Miears for lunch at the Mason Jar Restaurant, the Charming Mrs. SWMBO and I are going to Tony's Mexican Restaurant and Cantina for a meal and some strong margaritas with friends and I have the the reasonable expectation of going back to work on Tuesday.  Life's good. 
Menu:
  • Breakfast:  Fruit salad of a banana, strawberries and blueberries and one slice of leftover pizza. 
  • Lunch:  The grilled portobello mushroom sandwich with a side of butternut squash at the Mason Jar.
  • Dinner:  Leaning to the fish tacos at Tony's and two margaritas.  I have been waiting all week for this moment.
  • Snacks:  Pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment